A hearth broke out in an Aljunied flat on Friday morning (Aug 19) and led to 13 folks being evacuated from the block.
An announcement from the Singapore Civil Defence Power (SCDF) mentioned preliminary investigations confirmed the hearth at a unit on the sixth storey at Block 3, Higher Aljunied Lane, occurred because of a lit candle in the lounge.
SCDF was alerted at 7.05am and extinguished the blaze utilizing a water jet.
The hearth was contained inside the lounge, though another components of the unit sustained warmth and smoke injury.
Three folks self-evacuated earlier than SCDF arrived whereas the SCDF evacuated one other 10 folks from close by models.
Two folks had been assessed as a precautionary measure however each mentioned there was no must take them to the hospital, SCDF mentioned.
SCDF reminded the general public to not go away lighted supplies akin to candles, tealights, and lighted incense sticks unattended and to extinguish them earlier than leaving dwelling.
On Tuesday, a flat in Jurong East had caught fireplace, killing a 48-year-old man.
A day later, it caught fireplace once more, doubtless reignited by deep-seated embers throughout the particles.
Neighbours mentioned the flat occupants had a behavior of hoarding issues.